Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

An Experiment

So today was a very long day. Soccer started for my son ( an us) at 5am and after the long day yesterday moving in my daughter I am wiped out. SO.... a little experiment tonight. Usually before all the food changes in our life, I would take regular white or wheat bread and make either a turkey and cheese sandwich or PB&J for my sons lunch. The trick here was that I would make a bunch of them and freeze them. This was a total time saver in the kitchen as well as the sandwiches would thaw out during school and by lunch they would be cool, soft and ready to eat. I am pretty "A" type about things and hot sandwiches with mayo freak me out a bit. Anyway. I bought some new bread from Sprouts market yesterday called Rudi's Organic Ancient Spelt and it is so soft and great. So.. tonight I took Almond butter (cuz we no longer use peanut butter) and spread on the bread with organic Jelly. It is in a bag in the freezer and my hope is that by lunchtime tomorrow my son will pull out a cool, soft sandwich. My fear is that is my thaw but be hard, dry or even soggy. I will let you all know what happens because if it works I jsut bought my self some more free time!!!
*****MUNCHIE OF THE DAY****
Arnold Palmer's in most restaurants are made with powdered lemonade which contain artificial everything. Instead squeeze a bunch of lemons and freeze the juice in ice cube trays. When you want an Arnold Palmer just pour some ice tea, add your favorite sweetener and drop in an ice cube or two and in no time you have a cold, healthy Arnold Palmer.

Munch On This::: Eating may relieve stress today but it creates more stress tomorrow.

Enjoy and Eat Well, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment