Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Food Network TV

So today I was watching the Food Network and I was feeling very sorry for myself because of all the wonderful foods on there that I could not eat. HMMM>>> I am not one to stay negative for too long so I decided to try and put a spin on it. I truly wish that they would have a food channel dedicated to alternative ways to cook for those of us who have food allergies in the family, but... that's not happening right now. So as I was watching the Barefoot Contessa (who I love to watch) I decided to take one of her simple meals and turn it into something I could make. Viola!!! Why is it that we can't thing out of the box.. I make a beautiful California BLT for my son and his friend after school and his friend kept asking me. Are you sure this is on Raymond's eating plan. Right then I knew I did it right. I think sometimes we get into a funk where we can only manage cooking the "same ole, same ole" but as we know that gets old very fast. So with a little life left in me and a risk I made an amazing great snack for after school and it was filling, fresh and a piece of cake to do. This truly would make a great school sandwich or picnic sandwich too!!!


****MUNCHIE OF THE DAY****
2 pieces of spelt,brown rice or whatever your approved bread is) and toast
1 Avacado
4-5 slices back ( I purchase the precooked so all I have to do is microwave for a minute)
Bib lettuce (great flavor but any lettuce will do)
Big ripe tomatoes
Veagansse (Mayo without the eggs). You can use mayo if you have no food allergies to it

After bread is toasted assemble with mayo,bacon,tomato avacado and lettuce and sprinkle some salt and pepper on the tomatoes to give a boast of flavor. Slice and enjoy

Munch on This:::: Only you place limitations on what you can acheive so ste your standards high and go for it!!!!

Enjoy and Eat Well, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment