Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let there be breakfast!!!

LET THERE BE BREAKFAST


3 hours in the kitchen is an awfully long time to spend each day to prepare meals. I know…I have heard people say” Wow…I could never do that” or “That’s great but I am not like that and I would rather just find stuff they can eat that’s already prepared”. Well, that’s great but not a lot of variety out there that doesn’t taste like sawdust. ( I’m just saying ). It’s funny cause the other day I went to Bea Bea’s café in Burbank and they have some amazingly yummy breakfasts but nothing for the “I can’t eat this stuff” person. I had jumped on their website and noticed that they have been experimenting with gluten free recipes but nothing they liked yet. I think I need to go give them a sample of my banana spelt pancakes w/ fresh maple syrup. I realized that I need to take some time and figure out an amazing pumpkin pancake recipe. So I think I will start cooking. Anyone have an amazing pancake recipe to share that is gluten ,corn, oat and egg free? I know that there are things out there but I want all my food to really imitate the food out in the world. I might be crazy but if I had this allergy I would sure want someone to come along and help me with cooking and tips on where to eat. My thought: Breakfast is the hardest meal to make and the most important meal to eat so here’s to breakfast!!! Let’s get those skillets ready and crank out some amazing pancakes!

******MUNCHIE OF THE DAY:*******
This recipe is to replace 2 eggs: If you can’t have eggs but you need to bake, take 2 tablespoons flax seed and place in a small pot with ½ cup water. Bring to boil and then while boiling whisk the mixture. Turn off heat after about I minute of boiling and continue to whisk. It will take on a kind of eggy consistency. Let cool for about I minute and then add to your favorite recipe instead of eggs. Flaxseed has no taste but may add speckles of brown color to some cookies.


MUNCH ON THIS::: Focus on what you have and not what you long for: you will be much happy living in the moment than living in the future.


As always: Enjoy and Eat well, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment