Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Do I have to Change?

So when we found out that my son had to change his diet I decided to eat exactly what he ate so that I would be motivated to cook better things for him, because as we all know it is easy to cook anything but if we actually have to eat it then it better taste good. So I was so motivated to do this that I didn’t realize that everyone else in my home might not want to join in. There was no way I could actually cook 2 different meals because it would mean that I would be in the kitchen for more than 3 hours and seriously I do have a life too! So I decided not to tell them what we were eating. That night I made pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread and salad. They all said it was a great dinner and then I said, “Glad you liked it because you just ate brown rice pasta with homemade sauce, spelt bread with garlic and butter and fresh parmesan cheese and organic ranch dressing with no corn starch or eggs. Seriously they said if it could taste like this and be good for you why not eat like this all the time. I know that it might seem like it takes a long time but it doesn’t. So, below I have left you info on my meal and hope that you try it and enjoy it also.


*******MUNCHIE OF THE DAY*******
Brown rice pasta (you can get at Trader Joes)
I can organic diced tomatoes
1 pound ground beef
cane sugar
olive oil
Spelt bread you can also use White or Brown Rice bread (can purchase at Whole Foods. I made my own and will give you the recipe to make your own on the next blog)
Butter
Garlic
Fresh parmesan cheese
Ranch dressing ( by Follow Your Heart) I picked it up in the fridg section at Henry’s market.


Boil pasta as directed (it takes longer to boil than flour pasta and more water. Rinse well.

Sauce:
Saute garlic in olive oil, then add meat, add tomatoes, salt, pepper, 1 tabls sugar and simmer.

Bread: Spread butter and garlic on bread, sprinkle with cheese and broil for a few minutes till slightly brown.

Salad: Use whatever you like in the salad and add the Ranch. You won’t believe you are eating something good for you cuz it tastes so “ bad” which actually means good. LOL


MUNCH ON THIS::: They say it takes 21 days to break a habit so after one month I tasted a cheeto. It still tasted great but about a half an hour later I was feeling so funky in my stomach. Man, I am glad I broke that habit because have you looked on the back of the label lately. There is like no Real food in there. I may have well eaten Styrofoam because there was nothing in there to make my body good. Think twice before you put something in your body. You only have one shot in life so make it count.


Enjoy and Eat Well, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment