Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Pizza Rocked

Well I did it, I called BJ's and ordered our favorite pizza toppings on their thin crust gluten-free pizza dough. Oh My goodness, it was soooooo good. It was infused with herbs and olive oil and it have a beautiful texture that held together perfectly. As a matter of fact, I purposely left some for the next day so I could test it in the microwave and it was perfect. It is a bit more pricey but well worth it. Even if you don't have allergies, why not get something that taste great and also is so good for you. I will probably never order the regular flour pizza at BJ's again because this was so good.
This week has been a week of experiments in the kitchen and I found out that if you truly want your spelt bread to rise properly you really shouldn't use a bread machine. I kept going bac to the machine with different mixes hoping that they would perform for me. The tasted great but we definately on the denser more compact side. I know it takes time to make bread but you can definately multi-task while the bread is rising.
One last note: I have ordered a pizza crust fro Canada from a company called Canbrands. It is called PaneRiso. Their pizza dough is vacuum sealed and suppose to have a thin light texture, not gritty like some rice flours can be. I will get the crust, infused it with herbs and oil and let you all know if I have found a timesaver. If it rocks than we can all order it and keep a couple in the freezer. I am all about time management and even though I spend 3 hours so you don't have to, I would love to find ways to spend less, which means you also will shorten your time.

*****Munchie of the day: I will be posting my sour cream coffee cake recipe later (It's to die for)

Munch on this:: The minute you see yourself as useless some needs you!

Eat well and Enjoy, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment