Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

What A Day

WHAT A DAY:

So it was one of those nights where we had to run around everywhere and then of-course my son says those words that cut to the bone, “I’m hungry, can we stop and grab something.” STOP … and GRAB something. Are you kidding me. Truly I would have loved to stop at the nearest fast food restaurant and say “order a way”. That was our old normal, but not today. I looked around and saw bid RED X’s on everyplace I drove by. It’s like they were all laughing at me and it was so insane because there had to be somewhere I could drive through and get my kids a decent fast-food meal. Then, like a beacon in the night, there it was. IN-N-OUT. Yep that’s right. So my anxiety dropped and I said, Thank You Lord” because truly there was nothing else around that didn’t have corn starch, eggs, corn oil etc… in their food.
So the scoop is: IN-N-Out’s protein burger with cheese, grilled onion, tomatoes, and mustard.. (no special sauce or ketchup because of corn starch) and an order of cheese fries with grilled onions!! Their fries are fried in cottonseed oil and are made fresh. Thank you In-N-Out, you saved the day.


*****MUNCHIE OF THE DAY*********
To get that IN_N_OUT burger taste when you make your own burgers:
Make your hamburger patty, lightly salt and then rub both sides with yellow mustard before cooking. That’s the trick to make it taste like theirs.


MUNCH ON THIS: Check out what our in your fries because there are some places that use cornstarch in their potatoes, especially if they are frozen.



Enjoy and Eat well, Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment